If have you ever been through a situation in which you are sitting in a class, auditorium or any place with people around you and your continuous sneezing makes them wanna kill you or just simply get up and go away after giving you that “oh, you’re disgusting” look then we know how embarrassing it was for you. Sneezing is by far the most irritating thing you can do in a public but one might think it can’t just simply go away but what if I tell you there are few remedies which if you just try for a few days will help you get rid of that “sneezing” in no time.
If you wish to know these remedies then read along but first, we should talk a little about what is sneezing after all?
Usually, sneezing is an important process that helps in expelling allergens and irritants out of your body. Talking scientifically, when you experience irritation in the mucous membranes of nose and throat, you sneeze! Change in weather, temperature, and humidity, allergy to specific foods, strong smells (perfumes, cologne, etc.) are some other factors that can cause sneezing. Sneezing is not a serious problem but it can be irritating if it happens consistently especially when it becomes the reason for you being awake at night.
Enough said now, let’s get to the remedies.
Chamomile tea is your number 1 best home remedy for sneezing especially when caused by allergies. It contains excellent antihistamine properties that can provide you instant relief.
- In one cup of boiling water, add one teaspoon of dried chamomile.
- Boil the tea mixture for a few minutes. You can add honey and lemon for extra flavor.
- Drink the tea at least two times a day in order to stop your sneezing.
If you don’t have Chamomile tea at hands, you can also use Echinacea and nettle tea.
Fennel tea is a natural antibiotic and has the anti-viral properties which have the ability to fight off any upper respiratory infection, including sneezing.
- Add two teaspoons of crushed fennel seeds into a cup of water.
- Boil the tea mixture and cover the pot.
- Soak the seeds for 10-15 minutes and then strain the liquid.
Drink two cups of this tea daily to reduce the frequency of sneezing.
When preparing fennel tea, add the seeds and water at the same time and then boil the water that way you will get a perfect fennel tea including all the nutrients of the tea. If you boil the water first and then add the seeds to it, it will destroy the natural oils in the fennel.
Yes, you heard it right! Black pepper which is just simply lying on your kitchen table is something that you can use to cure your sneezing and a runny nose.
- Take lukewarm water and add one-half tablespoon of pepper powder. Mix it.
Drink it two to three times a day.
Gargling with warm water mixed with pepper also helps to get rid of cold viruses and germs. Try soups with black pepper that are also a great way to lessen your sneezing.
Sneezing can also occur due to stuffy nose. What to do? Get your hands on peppermint oil. Its antibacterial properties can help very much.
- Boil some water and add 4-6 drops of peppermint oil in it.
- Cover your head with a towel.
- Breathe in the steam coming from the boiling pot this inhaling of the steam will clear your nasal passages.
Use eucalyptus oil if you don’t have peppermint oil, do the same procedure. It will help you to get relief from sneezing induced by nasal irritation and colds.
Ginger bell! Ginger bell! Hahaha. It just came to my mind.
One of the oldest and most effective home remedies you will ever find in-home to get rid of sneezing or other viral and nasal problems is Ginger (ginger bell).
- Take 1 to 2 teaspoons of ginger extract twice a day until the sneezing stops.
- You can make a ginger tea if you can’t simply have the ginger itself. Add the ginger thin slices in a cup of water and boil.
- Add honey in the end and mix well.
Drink this tea and you can say goodbye to sneezing for good.
Ginger‘s brother garlic can also help you get relief from excessive sneezing which is normally caused by a common cold. Due to its natural antibiotic and antiviral properties; it is also a very effective household item used to cure sneezing.
- Crush four to five garlic cloves and make a fine paste.
- Inhale this strong fragrance. It will help clear the nasal passages that cause sneezing and help you to breathe with ease.
Apply any of the above remedies as soon as you read them so you can get rid of sneezing for good and live your life normal again.